New Rochelle Family Dentist
Derek A. Lewis, DDS
General, Cosmetic, Orthodontics & Implant Family Dentistry
Introduction: As a young man, Derek Lewis always enjoyed working with his hands,"tinkering" with gadgets, and seeing the fruits of his labor materialize before his eyes. With a little persuasion from his mom, he investigated various professions within the field of health care to find a career that would allow him to do the things that he enjoyed as well as help others. As a result, a dentist was born.
Dr. Lewis has the professional experience that only comes with being in private practice for over 25 years. In addition, he has gained invaluable experience while working simultaneously as a dentist for various hospitals and health care organizations. He began his private practice as a general dentistry provider and, over time, has honed his skills to include cosmetic, periodontic, orthodontic and implant dentistry to the repertoire of services that Dr. Derek A. Lewis, D.D.S., P.C., and Associates offers to its patients. Dr. Lewis is constantly working to improve and expand his skills in an effort to provide the best care, latest techniques, and advanced technology for his patients.
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, 1976 to 1979.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree, Howard University Dental School, Washington, D.C., 1979 to 1983.
- General Practice Residency, Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center, Bronx, New York, 1984 to 1985.
- General Practice and Attending, Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center, Bronx, New York, 1985 to 1994.
- General Dentistry Practice, New Rochelle, New York, 1986 to present.
- General Dentistry Practice/Attending, Terrance Cardinal Cooke Medical Center, Manhattan, New York, 1987 to 1992.
- Staff Dentist, Westchester County Government, Greenburgh Health Center, Greenburgh, New York, and Rye Health Center, Rye, New York, 1988 to 1998.
- Staff Priviledges, Sound Shore Medical Center, New Rochelle, New York, 2003 to present.
- American Dental Association, 1986 to present.
- New Rochelle Dental Forum, 1995 to present.
- Implant Study Group, 2000 to present.
- Completed 120 hours in Periodontics Postgraduate Studies, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY, May 1990.
- Postgraduate studies in Orthodontics, Bronx County Dental Society, March 2002, and Ninth District Dental Society, October 2002.
- Periodontics, New York City Dental Society, April 2002.
- DSSNY Infection Control, New York State Dental Association, August 2002.
- Endodontics, 21st Century Dentistry, October 2002, and Ninth District Dental Society, March 2004.
- Oral Surgery, Ninth District Dental Society, January 2003.
- Oral Pathology, Ninth District Dental Society, March 2003.
- Implant Prosthetics, Perio Institute, Inc., October 2003, and Ninth District Society, June 2004.
- Prosthodontics/Fixed, Ninth District Society, March 2004 and September 2004.
- Basic Sciences, American Society of Clinical Research, May 2004, and BICON, June 2004.
- Cosmetic Dentistry, American Society of Clinical Research, June 2004 and October 2004, and Ninth District Dental Society, November 2004.
- Soft Tissue Surgery (Periodontal Surgical Designs and Techniques), Greater New York Dental Meeting, November 2004.
Anish Gala DDS
Orthodontist Dr. Anish Gala provides orthodontic treatment for adults, adolescents and children.
Dr. Gala offers complimentary orthodontic consultations toÂ all his patients and will work closely with you to create a personalized treatment plan that will fit both your lifestyle and budget.
Introduction:Dr. Gala loves to smile and decided to become a smile specialist because he enjoys making his patients feel happy and confident with their smile. Straight teeth not only look good, they also give you a good bite. When your upper and lower teeth fit together the way they should, it's easier to bite, chew, and speak. Properly aligned teeth prevent premature wear, tooth loss, gum disease, and the buildup of bacteria associated with gum disease. A great smile helps you feel better and more confident. It can literally change how people see you - at work and in your personal life.
Dr. Anish Gala is also actively involved in various volunteer and community organizations, such as: NY Cares, Project Smiles, Boys and Girls Club, Girls, Inc., Meals on Wheels, United Way and the YMCA.
He also enjoys, Hiking, Cooking, Golf, Tennis and Traveling.
Dr. Gala follows the guidelines established by the American Association of Orthodontists by recommending that an orthodontic evaluation take place at age seven for all children. This early evaluation can help to determine the best time to begin any necessary treatment. Many progressive treatments are now available for patients seven to eleven years of age, that provide significant benefits, especially when jaw irregularities are present. These treatments may also prevent certain conditions from worsening. Treating children with these types of problems during their growth stages allows our practice to achieve results that may not be possible when face and jaw bones have fully developed. This early treatment can simplify or eliminate additional treatment for the child.
Dr. Anish A. Gala is originally from northeast Tennessee. Dr. Gala completed his undergraduate dental studies at the University of Tennessee and graduated with honors in 2010. He continued his post-doctorate dental education with a rigorous general practice residency at Kings County Hospital Center inÂ Brooklyn, NY where he received advanced training in all facets of dentistry. Dr. Gala was then selected to attend Maimonides Medical Center, during his final year he was selected to be Chief Resident and graduated with a certificate in orthodontics. Dr. Gala has also researched and published various articles regarding oral health issues, such as White Spot Lesions, Carries Risk Assessment in Restorative Pediatric Dentistry and Endo-Ice test, as a Diagnostic Tool.
- General Practice Residency, Kings County Hospital Center, Brooklyn, NY 2010-2011
- Dental Facial Orthopedic and Orthodontic Residency, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 2011-2014
- AmericanÂ Association of Orthodontist
- American Dental Association
- Northeast Society of Orthodontist